Terms of Business
This Terms of Business sets out the terms upon which we agree to act for our clients and contains details of our regulatory and statutory responsibilities.
We are acting for and on behalf of the Insurer and arrange the policy with the Insurer on your behalf. You do not pay us a fee for doing this.
Please contact us immediately if there is anything in this Terms of Business which you do not understand or which you disagree.
Who are we?
Tedaisy Insurance Brokers Limited t/a Perfect Pet is an appointed representative of Tedaisy Underwriting Limited who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, firm reference number 504604. Tedaisy Insurance Brokers Limited is registered in England and Wales with company number 09981861 at Warner House, 123 Castle Street, Salisbury, SP1 3TB.
Details of our regulation can be checked on the Financial Services Register at https://register.fca.org.uk/ or by calling them on 0800 111 6768 or 0300 123 9123.
Our policies are underwritten by the Insurer, Casualty & General Insurance Company (Europe) Limited, who are registered in Gibraltar under company number 89400 with a registered address at Suite 3A, Centre Plaza, 2 Horse Barrack Lane, Main Street, Gibraltar.
Casualty & General Insurance Company (Europe) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission under the Financial Services (Insurance Companies) Act and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority. Details about the extent of its regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority are available on request.
We are an insurance intermediary who does not provide personal recommendation about the insurance products we offer.
When we sell you a policy the insurer pays us a percentage commission from the total premium.
Telephone call recording and monitoring
We may record and/or monitor any call that is made between you and us. This is to guarantee perfect service levels for training purposes, but also to prevent and detect fraud.
Please take reasonable care to answer all the questions honestly and best of your knowledge. If you don’t, your policy may be cancelled, or treated as if it never existed, or your claim rejected or not fully paid.
Handling Client and Insurer Money
We collect and hold money as agent of the insurer.
Our data controller registration number issued by the Information Commission’s Officer (ICO) is ZA220425.
This privacy notice is relevant to anyone who uses our services, including policyholders, prospective policyholders, and any other individuals insured under a policy. We refer to these individuals as “you/your” in this notice.
We process your personal data in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation. We are the data controller for the data that we process about you and we will not collect any information from you that we do not need for the purpose of arranging and administering your insurance policy. There may be additional data controllers, such as the agents or price comparison websites you purchased your insurance policy through. This may include disclosing information to service providers such as loss adjusters and approved contractors.
Why is your personal data required?
The provision of your personal data is necessary for us to administer your insurance policy and meet our contractual requirements under the policy.
If you fail to provide the data, it may mean that you are unable to exercise your contractual rights, including claiming under the policy. This would also hinder our ability to administer your insurance policy.
Collecting your personal data
We collect a variety of relevant information about you to provide you with our services, insurance cover and to meet our legal obligations.
- Information collected from you or information collected through agents or price comparison websites.
- your name, address and contact details, including email address, telephone number and date of birth
- bank details, credit or debit card number and expiry date
- Price comparison websites, if you have obtained a quotation for a policy with us. The information you provide is shared with us and used for the purposes set out below. The information in this policy will apply in addition to any information given to you by the price comparison website about the use of your personal information;
- Third party service providers whom we have a relationship with;
- Publicly available sources of information, such as social media and networking sites;
- Third party databases made available to the insurance industry as well as databases where you have given your permission to share information with a third party like us. Which include but is not limited to fraud databases.
If you have provided information to us about someone else, you would have confirmed that you have the consent of these individuals to share their personal information with us. You should share this privacy notice with all individuals whose personal information you have shared with us as it may also apply to them.
How we will use your data
- To provide insurance services (quotation, policy and claims handling)
- To comply with our legal obligations
As part of our duties involved with providing insurance services, sometimes we are required by law to use information about you:
- to deal with complaints;
- to help prevent and detect crime (including, for example, the prevention or detection of fraud); and
- to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation and/or assist our regulators (e.g. Financial Conduct Authority).
We can use your personal data in this way because we are required to do so by law.
- Prevent fraud
We may share your information with other public bodies, including the police to detect and prevent fraudulent claims and/or activities.
- To improve our services
We may use your information to improve our services.
- to help develop our products, services and systems to deliver a better experience in the future;
- we may also process your personal data to better understand you as a customer, including to determine how best to retain your custom, and to ask you to provide feedback on the service we provide to you.
We can use your personal data in this way because it is in our legitimate interests to provide the services in the most efficient way. We will always ensure that we keep the amount of your personal data that we collect and the extent of any processing to the absolute minimum to achieve this efficiency.
We may use an individual’s personal information to market products and services of ours and other companies in our group to them.
- Providing information about products and services by telephone, post, email and digital services;
- Operating a Refer a Friend scheme
we will either do this ourselves or use third party partners to do it for us.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information about our products and services you can tell us at any time by using the details in the How to contact us section below or by using the opt out option on our communications.
Protection of your data
We take the security of your data seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to try to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed by unauthorised individuals.
How long we keep data
We will only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary in providing our products and services to you. In most cases this will be for a period of seven years following the end of your relationship with us, unless we are required to retain the data for a longer period due to legal or regulatory requirements or to defend a claim.
We will also retain data in an anonymous form for statistical and analytical purposes.
Following the end of the retention periods, your personal data will be securely destroyed.
Sharing your information
- Insurers, third party underwriters, reinsurers, insurance intermediaries, regulators, law enforcement, the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) and the Office of the Arbiter for Financial Services
- Price comparison websites (which you may of used to purchase your policy)
- Claims third party administrators
- Complaint third party administrators
- Approved suppliers and third parties we are contracted with, who provide a service related to the insurance policy
- Loss adjusters
- Regulatory authorities
- Fraud prevention agencies
- Legal or crime prevention agencies
- Any additional insured parties who may communicate with us on your behalf, provided that they have your permission.
We will only disclose your personal information in connection with the insurance cover and services that we provide and to the extent required or permitted by law.
Use and storage of your information overseas
Your personal information that we process to administer your insurance policy may be transferred, stored, or processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We not transfer your information outside the EEA unless it is to a country which is considered to have equivalent data protection laws or we have taken all reasonable steps to ensure the recipient has suitable standards in place to protect your information.
Your rights as a data subject
You have a number of rights in relation to the information we hold about you. These include, but are not limited to, the right to:
- Request a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
- Ask us to update or rectify any information that is inaccurate or to erase it completely;
- Object to the use of your personal information;
- Withdraw any permission you have previously provided;
- Transfer the data we hold about you to another organisation;
For further information on the above rights, visit https://ico.org.uk
In addition, you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office about the way in which we process your personal data.
Please note that there are times when we will not be able to delete your information. This may be because of the need to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations or where there is a statutory, period of time for which we must retain your information. If we are unable to fulfil a request we will always let you know why.
We are committed to providing you with a perfect service, but if you feel like a perfect service has not been met then you have the option to make a complaint.
How to contact us
Perfect Pet Insurance,
Warner House, 123 Castle Street,
01992 667 330